Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Glass painting..



6 years ago there was this lamp in our home. it was a hand me down for my hubby when he was a bachelor. it was in pretty bad shape. When I came to US at that time, the lamp broke, so we had to throw it away. The only thing that i could rescue from it was the glass on which a vase could be kept.

I carefully stowed away the circular glass piece. When we went to India the next time, my DH got me the glass paint from Landmark. That was also kept away carefully.

Everytime i took it out to paint,something or the other came up. I couldn't believe that we even shifted to a new home and glass piece made its journey safely to its new home.

Last month, i was sick, so had to be in bed rest for most of the time. DH took care of my kid and so i had all the time in the world. I didn't want to be depressed, so decided to divert my time and mood to something useful. First thing i did was to start a cooking blogspot...(hotwok.wordpress.com). second thing that came into my mind was this glass painting.

So i took out the "Treasured Trash", and painted it.it came out pretty well for being a first timer.
Then I let it dry and forgot all about it. Then 2 days later, there was this posting in IHM about the next Online competition and guess what the topic was,"Trash to treasure". I couldn't believe it. So finally i went to the store and bought a little stand and displayed it and took a pic. I just finished entering too..

I feel so happy that i was able to accomplish something, and in addition to that,even enter it in a competition. A pat on my back for a positive thing i did this month.

No comments: